# Guest of the nightBill Sebell, Head of Ecosystem Development, XinFin (XDC Network) Bill Sebell has spent 25+ years in manufacturing and consumer products dealing with the challenges businesses face in capital markets and international trade. Bill discovered the XinFin and the XDC Network when exploring blockchain technology and cryptocurrency back in early 2018, and quickly wove himself into the XDC community and ecosystem. Bill’s service to the XDC community led to an official role as the XinFin Head of Ecosystem Development in early 2021, where he now works to efficiently build out the ecosystem, cooperating with the XinFin team and longtime community members. During this time, Bill has worked closely with Tradeteq to help bring about the first of its kind tokenisation of trade assets on the XDC Network. He has been acknowledged for his work by being selected as a finalist for an Enterprise Blockchain Award for Corporate Leadership.
#Host of the night, Kiana Shek, DigiFinex CXOPreviously working for Baidu as Assistant General Manager, Kiana has had advanced education in the financial field, also obtaining a rich background in Big data, AI, international businesses. In 2017, she founded DigiFinex as a Co-Founder, and dedicated to provide a safer, convenient, transparent digital asset exchange platform for the people. She is also responsible for promoting brand values globally on behalf of DigiFinex, and actively takes part in various Blockchain summits around the world.
Below is a highlight of our AMA Session.
# About XDC NetworkKiana: Can you briefly introduce your background and describe XinFin in a few sentences? Bill: My professional background is in manufacturing and small business. As a result I have experience working with local banks, capital markets, and imports/exports. Currently I’m the Head of Ecosystem Development for XinFin Fintech and the Executive Director of the XDC Foundation. XinFin Fintech is a private company out of Singapore that launched the XDC Network. Through its hybrid public/private architecture, XDC Network was designed specifically to service the needs of enterprise businesses. XinFin decided that combining the immutability of public blockchains with the privacy of private blockchains, would be the best way forward. Kiana: What are the unique features and strengths of XDC? Bill: As a fork of Ethereum, XDC Network inherently enjoys the same smart contract capabilities. So not only public projects can easily build on (or migrate to) XDC as easily as they could on Ethereum, but private enterprises can also just as easily set up permissioned sub-networks on chain. By offering private functionality, XDC is very attractive to financial institutions that are required to keep certain smart contracts private.
- Extremely low transaction costs (~.00005 XDC per txn).
- Scalability. 2k tps currently. Can be scaled to be much higher (~30k tps) as needed via sharding.
- Hybrid public/private functionality
- XDC Network joined the U.S. Army Research Office and the National Science Foundation in support of the fundamental research that is driving the forensics revolution in blockchain. We have a team of blockchain engineers, including those from Princeton University, bringing cutting edge blockchain engineering to our network.
- Completed Corda network bridge via DASL
- ISO20022 compliance already established
- Enhanced developer support — SDK releases
- UX/UI upgrades, including an improved Web3 extension, XDCPay
- World’s 1st (and 2nd) trade finance NFT created with Tradeteq — with intent to scale
- TFD Initiative selected XDC as an exclusive blockchain member
- Princeton-affiliated forensics research published
- XDC-supported forensics white paper receives Best Paper Runner-up award
- DNI Initiative selected XDC as a member
- Top 100 project on CoinMarketCap